“I am a contemporary ink painter based in Hong Kong. I am particularly interested in reinvestigating the value of exis”ting, found objects. My works exhume meanings of daily, mundane materials, such as facial tissue and rice paper, and re-infuse them with new and unpredictable associations and perceptions.
Deeply inspired by traditional Chinese art, I often apply ink on delicate materials, such as facial tissue, rice paper, and sometimes porcelain with meticulous brushwork, twisting the ancient art form and transforming the nature of everyday objects.
One of the works, in particular, uses tissue paper as a canvas, drawing upon motifs associated with the blue and white porcelain tradition to re-dine new meanings and value of it.”
- 2014 – 2017 Master of Arts in Experimental Art (Distinction) | Central Academy of Fine Arts, Beijing
- 2010 – 2014 BA (Hons) in Visual Arts | Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong
- 2010 – 2014 BA in Chinese painting (Exchange Program For one year) | Minzu University of China, Beijing
AWARDS and ACHIEVEMENTS
- 2019 Excellence Award | 2019 Art Next Expo International Artists Award
- 2015 – 2016, 2016 – 2017 Second Prize Scholarship | China Education Development Foundation’s Scholarship
- 2015 Sliver Award | New Art Wave International Artist Award
- 2014 The finalists | The Hong Kong Fine Art Prize 2014
- 2011 Outstanding Award | The 10TH “L&XF” China Fashion Illustration Competition