There are many advantages to learning Chinese idioms. Not only does it improve kids’ expressive communication skills, enrich their vocabularies, and learn the philosophy and history behind each Chinese idiom. Phrase-Tionary is a special course that makes use of creative drawing to teach kids Chinese idioms. This type of interactive learning mode is more effective than traditional learning because it creates an interesting environment that encourages your kids to think more.
Our course facilitator Ms Kelly Mok will teach you and your kids how to use different drawing techniques, with rich imagination and creativity to illustrate one after another lively comic and learn how to corporate Chinese idioms into their expressive communication. After each class, kids will obtain an illustrated Chinese idiom explanation created by the facilitator to review the course content. Kids who successfully completed 32 lessons will get a certificate of recognition and a beautiful handbook of Chinese idioms to further continue your kids’ learning.
- 5-8 Age Group: 1 hour Zoom group Class
- 9-12 Age Group: 1.5 hour Zoom group Class
5-8 Age Group: A, use Oil pastels / Crayon (1 hour per lesson)
- Class A01 – Every Monday – 10am
- Class A11 – Every Friday – 10am
- Class A13 – Every Saturary – 4:30pm
(If your regular class falls on a public holiday, the class will be postponed to the following week)
9-12 Age Group: B, use watercolour (1.5 hour per lesson)
- Class B05 – Every Tuesday – 6pm
- Class B08 – Every Thursday – 10am
（If your regular class falls on a public holiday, the class will be postponed to the following week)
What You Will Get?
- ⭐ Strengthening and train up kids’ drawing skill
- ⭐ Improve creative thinking and story-telling skills
- ⭐ Aligned with the Chinese idioms taught in school
- ⭐ Improve students’ visual art performance in school
- ⭐ Obtain an illustrated Chinese idiom explanation
- ⭐ Get a certificate of recognition and a beautiful handbook of Chinese idioms ( only for kids who successfully completed 32 lessons)
**After completing the payment, ILK Customer Service Representative will contact you to confirm the class starting date
Sample Course Work