In these sessions students will gain a better understanding of how to independently hone in and improve on their strengths and weaknesses in English reading and writing.
Students will then focus on developing confidence in using advanced English reading and writing skills, through a series of reading and writing exercises, to develop and practice these skills necessary to engage in professional work with the English language.
- Age: 16+
- Number of Participants: 1 on 1 / group as 4 – 6
- HKD$500 – 45 min session
- HKD$750 – 1 hour session
- HKD$1,000 – 1.5 hours Accelerator sessions
- HKD$1,950 – 3 x coaching/mentoring sessions
- Format: Zoom Class
- Language: English / Chinese
- Class Date & Time slot: *For class time and enrolment details, please contact 6919 2589 via WhatsApp or Phone Call.*
- Learn strategies to effectively read academic English texts, journal articles and case studies in their field of interest
- Recognise and understand a range of academic texts
- Critically evaluate texts
- Effective strategies for carrying out independent research
- Manage (determine the meaning of and record for personal use) unknown general academic and subject specific vocabulary
- Write effective extended essays and/or personal statements for university applications or job applications.
- How to plan and structure extended essays and personal statements. To improve student’s abilities in writing extended essays for upper school or university assignments, as well as personal statements for university or job applications.
- Improved use of summarizing and paraphrasing
- Improved use of academic citations